Free (and almost free) Fall Activities
The end of September marks the beginning of fall. Pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, long sweaters, comfy scarves, and your favorite boots are ready for you. But are you ready for them? We hope so!
Pittsburgh is beautiful in the fall and its different neighborhoods host a ton of fun activities. We picked out a few suggestions to spice up your season.
Farmer’s Markets aren’t just for the spring and summer. Most Pittsburgh markets stay open until mid-November. Eat local and check out one of these for all your fall produce needs.
- South Side Farmer’s Market (Tuesdays through November 22)
- Market Square Farmer’s Market (Thursdays through October 27)
- North Side Farmer’s Market (Fridays through November 18)
- Squirrel Hill Farmer’s Market (Sundays through November 13)
Who doesn’t love a crisp, fresh apple? Stop by one of these spots in Pittsburgh and select your own apples for pies, strudels, or just by itself, picked directly from an apple tree.
- Half Crown Hill Orchard, McDonald, PA http://www.hchorchard.com/
- Norman’s Orchard, Tarentum, PA http://normansorchard.com/
- Simmons Farm, McMurray, PA http://www.simmonsfarm.com/_index.php
- Soergel Orchard, Wexford, PA http://soergels.com/
- Trax Farms, Finleyville, PA http://www.traxfarms.com/
- Triple B Farms, Monongahela, PA http://www.triplebfarms.com/
We’re excited for fall concerts coming to Pittsburgh – especially next week’s Thrival Innovation + Music Festival that Nova Place and Alloy 26 are participating in on 9/23 and 9/24. This two-day music festival is headlined by The Chainsmokers, Chvrches, Thievery Corporation, Ty Dolla $ign, Daya and more! Two day passes are still available.
From 21+ nights at one of Pittsburgh’s museums, to the classic Rocky Horror Picture Show, to some fall whiskey and beer tastings, it’s nice to be 21-and-over.
- 21+ MAKEnight @ The Children’s Museum (9/22 6:30-9:30 p.m.)
- 21+Rocky Horror @ Carnegie Science Center/Highmark SportsWorks (10/14 6-10 p.m.)
- Faros Properties Oktoberfest @ Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh (10/27 6-8 p.m.)
- Oktoberfest Whiskey Release @ Wiggle Whiskey (9/16-9/18)
- Smoketoberfest @ Roundabout Brewery (10/9 4-8 p.m.)
For the Family
- Historic Deutschtown House Tours (9/25 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- North Side Pumpkinfest (10/8 1-5 p.m.)
- Maker Faire @ Nova Place (10/15-10/16 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Seven Springs Fall-Themed Weekends (10/1-10/23)
How will you celebrate fall? Share your pictures with us on Instagram – @FarosResidential or any of our Facebook pages – @ParkViewPgh, @CityViewPgh, @CarsonStreetApts.
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving