Grill Out, Man!
What do you love about summer in Pittsburgh? Walks along the river? Doing yoga in the park? Pirates games? How about chilling out by the grill, cooking up some summer classics to share with friends?
If you’ve got that last idea on your mind (and it’s making you drool) then we have the perfect recipes to try out on one of your properties’ grills! Need a refresher to where your grills are located?
Park View Grills: On the rooftop sundeck of PV1, on the outdoor patios of PV3 and PV4, COMING SOON: Brand new grills on the rooftop sundeck of PV2
City View Grills: On the outdoor patio
Carson Street Commons Grills: Near the leasing office & in the 2nd courtyard
While burgers and dogs are your typical grill items, these BBQ chicken skewers will give your friends something to talk about.
Ingredients: 3 cloves garlic, minced, ¾ cup beer, ⅓ cup honey, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, 4 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes, cilantro for garnish
- Cut chicken in small pieces, about 1½ inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl whisk all the ingredients together. Add chicken, there should be enough marinade to cover the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours to 24 hours.
- Fire up the grill.
- Thread chicken on skewers, about 5 pieces per skewer. Do not throw away the leftover marinade.
- Place chicken skewers on grill and turn every couple minutes or so, at the same time brushing some of the leftover marinade over the chicken. Grill until chicken is cooked through.Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini
Here’s a side dish that will put that bag of chips to shame!
Ingredients: 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, Juice of 1 lemon, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush zucchini slices with butter mixture.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add zucchini in a single layer and grill until charred on both sides and just beginning to soften, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Who says you can’t grill dessert?
Ingredients: 2 small baking apples, 4 tbsp maple cream caramel sauce, divided, 6 tsp chopped pecans, divided, 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cut off the top fourth of the apples, scoop out the core, use a thin knife to make a deep, circular cut around the center of the apple
- Turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple.
- Fill the center of the apples with maple caramel sauce and chopped pecans (about one tablespoon of maple cream sauce and two teaspoons of chopped pecans for each apple.)
- Wrap the stuffed apples with heavy duty foil and grill over medium heat for 30 minutes, with the grill lid closed.
- Unwrap the maple pecan blooming grilled apple and use tongs to set it on a plate.
- Top the bloomin’ grilled apples with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- Drizzle each one with one tablespoon of warm maple pecan sauce and sprinkle with a teaspoon of chopped pecans.
For more grilling inspiration, check out our Pinterest Page! Click here: https://www.pinterest.com/FarosResident/grilled/
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving