Home Safety Tips
It’s easy to ignore unusual activity in your area, if you do, you are more likely to become a victim yourself. Crime is a problem everywhere and you can protect yourself and your neighbors by being as vigilant as possible with respect to security and safety. Here are a few do’s, don’ts, and tips to help you feel safe and secure in your home and community.
- Get to know your neighbors. You don’t have to become best friends, but at least get a general feel for who they are. You never know when you may need their help in case of an emergency.
- Don’t let anyone in the building or apartment that you don’t know.
- Trust your instincts and never enter an elevator if the occupant makes you uncomfortable.
- When you get home, check to make sure that there are no signs that someone has entered your home, like a broken lock or opened door/windows. If you think that someone has forcibly entered your home, call the police and notify management, but most importantly, don’t enter your apartment.
- Lock your doors and windows at all times especially if you are leaving the apartment for any circumstance.
- Don’t make duplicates of your apartment key or put the spare in a visible place.
- Don’t leave valuables in your car or close to your windows where people can see them.
- Don’t leave notes on the door for roommates and or neighbors stating that you are gone or what time you will be back.
- Don’t leave car doors unlocked.
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving