Jump Into July Events
It’s that time again—time for the list of summer activities for this month! If you didn’t get a chance to check out any of last month’s events, or if you tried a few and are eager to experience more summer fun, no worries! You’ll find more exciting things happening around Pittsburgh in this special July events blog.
Many of the activities from June are still up and running, so feel free to revisit that page and refresh your memory at https://farosresidential.com/sliding-into-summer/. The events that we’ve picked out for this month are listed below!
- Andy Warhol: Stars of the Silver Screen
- We’re always excited to announce events happening in the North Side, and this one is guaranteed to impress. The museum is hosting a special exploration of artist Andy Warhol’s fascination with Hollywood and celebrity, and features pieces from Warhol’s personal collection of artwork, photographs, video diaries, and more, all focused on stardom. Much like Warhol had an infatuation with fame, we’re sure you’ll have the same feelings toward this classic exhibit. For more information, visit https://www.warhol.org/exhibition/andy-warhol-stars-of-the-silver-screen/.
- Body in the Landscape of the Mind
- Penn Gallery is hosting an exhibit by Angela Biederman, a sculptural artist with a primarily clay medium who is influenced by the natural world. This exhibit focuses on ceramic sculptures that reference the body abstractly, and the ways in which the mind and its thoughts can be turned into tangible art objects that help represent these bodily forms. Penn Gallery is located on Penn Avenue right by the David L. Lawrence convention center, so if you are a Park View or City View Apartment resident, this might be a great neighborhood event to explore! More information can be found here: http://pressroom.trustarts.org/2017/06/15/visual-arts-body-in-the-landscape-of-the-mind-707-penn-gallery/.
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera 2017 Season
- If you enjoy more classical artistic experiences, or have never been to an opera but want to satisfy your curiosity, then look no further! The Pittsburgh Opera 2017 season is in full swing, with operas sung in English, music theatre performances, family-friendly productions, and more. These take place every Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Winchester Thurston school. Find out more about this opera-tunity at http://www.pittsburghfestivalopera.org/.
- After-Dark Potterfest
- If you’re a Potterhead like many of us are, this is the event for you. On July 21st, the Carnegie Museum of Natural History is hosting Potterfest, a special 21+ event that is all about witches, wizards, and magic in the natural world. There will be various Hogwarts-inspired activities to participate in, ranging from examining specimens to brushing up on how to care for magical creatures. Enjoy FREE admission to this summer’s The Power of Poison exhibit (usually 5 dollars), and drink wine or beer (or both!) while exploring the magic of the museum. Still waiting for your Hogwarts letter to come in the mail? No worries, you can speed up the process by clicking here: http://afterdark.carnegiemnh.org/.
- 7th Annual Violet Rippy 5K Walk/Run for Pulmonary Fibrosis
- We’re pleased to announce yet another event happening in the North Side (easily accessible to Park View/City View!) especially because it’s for such a good cause. On July 15th, you can walk or run to raise awareness and funds for the University of Pittsburgh Dorothy P. and Richard P. Simmons Center for Interstitial Lung Disease at UPMC, on the pathway to finding a cure for Pulmonary Fibrosis. All proceeds go to the Simmons Center for research, education, and awareness. Register today at violetrippy5k.org.
- Deutschtown Music Festival
- Another North Side event—our favorite! The 5th Annual Deutschtown Music Festival will take place on July 15th, which is a FREE two-day festival focused on 200+ bands, 7 outdoor stages, and over 20 indoor venues. There’s family friendly programming during the day, and multiple bars and clubs participating throughout the night, making it the perfect event for all! If you’re a Park View or City View resident, FREE shuttles with multiple stops in the North Side and North Shore will be available to take you to and from!
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
- Are you into cars? Check this out—Pittsburgh is hosting its annual Grand Prix, complete with 10+ days of racing, vintage cars, and more! There’s a full day of activities TODAY, July 12th, in Downtown, with a parade of show cars through US Steel Plaza, PPG Place, and Market Square. If you can’t make it to that, don’t worry, there are plenty more prix-fect events happening throughout the week. Check out the schedule here: pvgp.org.
Are you as excited for these July events as we are? We’d love to see which ones you explored, so make sure to follow us on Instagram @farosresidential and post your pictures of the events with the hashtag #MyKindOfJuly. Did we miss anything? Let us know what you’ve discovered by Tweeting us @farosresidential. Happy July-ing!
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving