Love Your Bike, Lock it Right!
admin - Tuesday, June 16, 2015
//php endif; ?>
We love that so many of our residents ride bikes…but what we don’t love is when someone steals our resident’s prized possession. We’ve done some research and pulled together tips on bike theft prevention and what you can do if you’ve become a victim of bike theft.
If your bike is stolen…
- Call and report it to the police as well as management. It is very important to make an official report. If law enforcement notices an increase in bike theft they will take action.
- Contact your renters insurance company. Bikes are often covered under renters insurance. If you used a credit card to purchase your bike, it might even be covered there too.
- Add your bike to the Stolen Bike Registry here.
If you have a bike, take these steps to help prevent theft…
- Know your bike’s serial number and keep a copy for your records, or take a picture.
- Keep your bike receipt in a safe place.
- Use a U-Lock. We’ve been told that OnGuard is a great brand. Quality does count, so expect to spend more than $35 on a good lock.
- Love your bike, lock it right! Know how to lock your bike up properly. Need a refresher? Watch this video.
- Take photos of your bike just in case it ever goes missing.
- Storing your bike in your apartment is always an option.
- If you see something, say something!
For more bike safety tips and theft prevention click here.
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving