May the Events Keep Coming
This May through early June, the activities in Pittsburgh seem endless. With four fun-filled festivals, unlimited farmer’s markets, races, and concerts, there truly won’t be a dull moment. With fingers crossed that the Pittsburgh Penguins advance to the Stanley Cup, the Eastern Conference Finals series is taking place this week. See the full schedule here. Also, not to mention, the Pittsburgh Pirates’ season is in full swing. Grab a game, beer, and hot dog and find a game that fits your schedule by clicking here.
Without further ado, here are our pick for things to do around Pittsburgh!
These four upcoming festivals will give you a taste of summer, getting you into the mood for all that summer in the ‘Burgh has to offer. Look no further to these events – some paid and some FREE – for full enjoyment you won’t want to miss. Whether you’re going with your family, on a date, or solo, these festivals won’t disappoint because they are diverse, offer a wide variety of activities, and are happening this weekend through mid-June!
- EQT Children’s Theater Festival: May 18-21
- Pick from a handful of performances created specifically for kids, or choose a hands-on activity like planting seeds, participating in a Lego Derby or scavenger hunt.
- Link: https://pghkids.trustarts.org/kids
- South Side Dog Festival: May 21
- Stop by this FREE event with your pup this Sunday from 12-5 p.m. It’s a block party on 24th & Carson St. with doggy contests, rescue visits, vendors, food/drink, giveaways, games and fun for all ages! Bring your Dog and enjoy a family-friendly day celebrating our furry friends!
- Link: https://www.facebook.com/SouthSideDogFestival/
- Pittsburgh Three Rivers Arts Festival: June 2-11
- Pittsburgh’s iconic festival returns for another 10 days of art, entertainment, and delicious food. For the full band and vendor line up, check out their website to plan your trip!
- Link: https://traf.trustarts.org/
- Pittsburgh Jazz Life International Festival: June 16-18
- World renowned musicians and new artists to watch will play jazz every night of the week in our city. There’s no place like Pittsburgh! For a full list of the featured artists and events, check out their link!
- Link: http://pittsburghjazzlive.com/
Farmer’s Markets Around the City
Just because you live within City limits does not mean you should sacrifice delicious, homegrown fruits and vegetables and homemade jams, pasta, and bread. That’s where Pittsburgh’s farmer’s markets come in handy. Some markets open this weekend, with all markets open by June.
Upcoming Races Near Pittsburgh
While the Pittsburgh Marathon has come, and gone, there are other 5k races and charity walks/runs to participate in. Keep up your motivation to get and stay fit by signing up! Check out the full listing in their link.
Okay – so maybe we’re a little biased, but our summer events are going to be a blast. We want you to mark your calendars and save the date for our two most upcoming events – a Fiesta on the Roof and a Pool Party.
- Fiesta on the Roof: June 15, 6-8 p.m.
- Summer Pool Party: July 15
- Make a splash at City View Apartments and join neighbors of all three Faros Residential properties for a summer pool party. We’ll watch Jaws on an outdoor movie screen, eat snacks, and make a splash! Read more in our blogpost!
- Link: https://farosresidential.com/pool-party-at-city-view-apartments/
Upcoming Concerts Near Pittsburgh
City View Apartment residents have amazing accessibility to PPG Paints Arena, which is located right next to City View Apartments. This arena, home to the Pittsburgh Penguins who are currently in the Eastern Conference Finals, also hosts huge concerts. Here’s a list of upcoming musical performances at PPG Paints Arena:
- Chance the Rapper: May 20
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: June 9
- Daryl Hall & John Oats: June 13
Park View Apartments residents are in luck because they are a 10 minute walk to Stage AE, which is an indoor/outdoor concert venue located near Park View Apartments. In the summer time, concert-goers can sit out on the grass and listen to muscians or get up-close-and-personal with the bands by dancing right in front of the stage. This venue is hosting concerts as well, such as:
- Coheed and Cambria: May 18
- Franz Ferdinand: May 27
- Old Crow Medicine Show: May 30
- Foster the People: June 4
We want to hear from you! What are your favorite events happening this month? Interact with us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/parkviewpgh, www.facebook.com/cityviewpgh, and www.facebook.com/carsonstreetapts) or Instagram (www.instagram.com/farosresidential)
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving