Pool Party At City View Apartments
Summer is the perfect time to spend your days outside enjoying the sun but the city heat can leave you sweltering. Luckily, our City View Apartments located in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, are equipped with an Olympic-sized swimming pool to keep you cooled off all summer long!
While the pool is a great place to relax it is also ideal to amp up your summer workout! Don’t waste a beautiful day inside at the gym; get on outside and into the pool to sculpt your summer body. Pair these 8 water exercises with some laps for the ultimate pool workout!
- Jogging—just like you would on land! Zigzag as you run in one direction and then run through the current on the way back and forth for five minutes.
- Tread water—Shoot for five minutes or however long you can last!
- Pool edge Push ups—Place hands on edge of the pool deck and push and lift your body out of the water for 2 sets of 15.
- Flutter kicks—Extend your legs and stretch out flat across the surface of the water. Kick for 30 seconds at a moderate pace, speed up for next 15 seconds, and then kick as fast as you can for 15 more seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Barre-style workout—Grasp onto edge of the pool and extend one leg back, point your toes, and lift your leg up to work your glutes. Next, lift your leg out to the side and cross it back in front to work your adductors, alternating legs for 3 sets of 15.
- Bicycles—Put your elbows on the side of the pool and bicycle for 2 minutes.
- Water sit-ups—Hook your knees over the edge of the pool, placing hands on the chest and sit up. If you want to challenge yourself even more, place your hands behind your head and submerse yourself completely under the water between each sit up. Do 2 sets of 10.
- Water savasana—Float motionless in the water, eyes closed, limbs out for as long as you would like!
Our two full-sized tennis courts and the sand volleyball court offer even more opportunities to get active this summer without being trapped in doors.
Looking to relax? Invite your friends over to grill up a tasty lunch on our Tree House patio before heading down to the pool area to lounge!
The outdoor amenities of City View will leave you feeling like you’ve traveled to a tropical resort without ever leaving the city!
Pool hours are as follows:
- May 27th through June 10th—3 p.m. to 9p.m.
- June 11th through August 21st—9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- August 22nd through September 3rd—3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The pool will be closed for the summer starting September 4th.
Saturday July 15th, all three of our apartment complexes are invited to join us for a nighttime pool party from 8 to 11 p.m.! City View, Park View and Carson Street residents can mingle over hot dogs, popcorn, and snow cones while swimming in the pool or relaxing on the deck. Once the sun sets, find a great spot to watch Jaws on a big screen TV from right in the pool! Please RSVP for this entertaining night to firstname.lastname@example.org. Did we mention there will be raffles for Pirate Tickets? Don’t miss out!
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving