An Ode to Spring Cleaning
First, you set guidelines for the New Year – you eat healthier, declutter, exercise more, etc. And then, you have a couple months to either give up or follow through on your promises before the next milestone – Spring Cleaning.
Your apartment is your life – it’s where you cook, eat, shower, clean, and sleep – and that can all happen in 415 sq. ft. to 2,000 sq. ft. Just as your life can sometimes spiral out of control, so can your apartment. So with the first day of spring a little under two weeks away, let’s talk about ways to approach this season’s fresh start.
We’ve consulted the experts (Pinterest) to bring you the best tips and tricks to tackling your spring cleaning.
Looking to clean in a pinch? Clean Mama offers her best advice for speed cleaning.
- Gather Your Tools: Feather duster (faux or microfiber), microfiber cloths, lint roller, all-purpose cleaner, disinfecting cleaner (bath), cleaning wipes, and window/mirror cleaner.
- Set a Timer
- Start With A Garbage Bag And A Laundry Basket: Start by collecting anything that can be tossed and throw it in the garbage bag. Items that need to be relocated toss in the laundry basket. Once the room is clean you can stash the laundry basket in a closet if you have someone dropping by, if not, take a couple minutes to return the items to their proper places.
- Do A Quick Dust: A feather duster is a great tool to quickly dust surfaces. Shake your duster out frequently and move quickly to remove visible dust.
- Wipe Surfaces: Spray down any hard surfaces (counters, toilets) and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth. Disinfecting wipes also work great for quick cleaning.
- Wipe Mirrors: A quick spray and swipe over bathroom mirrors goes a long way.
- Quick Spot Vacuum: If your floors need to be vacuumed, concentrate on high traffic areas, corners, and visible dirt.
- Fluff Pillows And Straighten Throw Blankets: A quick tidy and straightening up of pillows and throw blankets will give your room a completed and clean appearance.
- Put Out Fresh Towels: Don’t underestimate the clean look of fresh towels. Replace your kitchen and bathroom towels with clean towels as you’re making your final sweep.
Need a more thorough approach to cleaning your apartment? Take Popsugar’s 30 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge. They provide you with a printable cleaning schedule, with very attainable cleaning tasks separated by room.
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving