Your 2017 Guide to the Fourth of July
Independence Day, also referred to as July 4th or the 4th of July, commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence 241 years ago, on July 4th, 1776. Since this day in history, America has celebrated its independence with fireworks, social gatherings, and all things red white and blue, marking this day as an important national holiday and symbol of patriotism. There are a lot of events happening in Pittsburgh to help people celebrate the holiday, which we have listed below. So, go out, dawn your red white and blue, and enjoy fireworks, family, friends, and a little bit of America’s history!
Downtown Pittsburgh Fireworks
- While many rooftops make for a great location to watch fireworks, nothing quite beats the view at Point State Park, because the fireworks are shot off at this location right over the Allegheny River. The event starts at 1pm with music, food, and celebrations, and the fireworks begin with a 21-gun salute shortly after sundown. If you live in City View Apartments, this might be the perfect event for you! For more information, please visit http://www.pittsburgh-downtown.com/events/#july.
Heinz Field Fireworks
- Right across the river, located in the Northside, is another fun 4th of July event at Heinz Field. Admission is free and the fun is never-ending! Starting at 2pm, you can enjoy a day of concerts, food vendors, and patriotic tributes. The evening will be highlighted by country music singer/songwriter Phil Vassar, who will perform at 8:05pm and play up until the fireworks display. To all Park View Apartment residents, this event is close by, accessible, and most definitely fun! If you’d like to know more, visit http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Heinz-Field-hosts-Fourth-of-July-celebration/3eaa8e86-b430-4cca-89af-301f7ac4c221.
- If you’d like to be more up close and personal, why not watch the fireworks from the river? On the Gateway Clipper riverboat deck, you can do just this! Complete with amazing views, a full dinner buffet, a DJ, and dancing, this will surely be an evening of fun. To top off the event-packed night, you can view the fireworks along the river. The cruise boards at 6:30pm at Station Square. For more information, visit https://www.gatewayclipper.com/activities/fourth-of-july/.
Brentwood July 4th Celebration
- If one day isn’t quite enough to celebrate, check out Brentwood’s 4th of July celebration, which spans two whole days! The event kicks off with a street fair on the evening of July 3rd, and continues into July 4th, finishing off with fireworks. There’s a Firecracker 5k, a parade, music, food, and games. If this is more your thing, check out brentwoodboro.com/fourth-of-july-celebration for more details.
Kennywood Celebrate America
- For a more traditional feel, Kennywood is hosting a week-long event, starting June 29th, exclusively for 4th of July celebrations. There will be fireworks, a hot dog eating contest, special entertainment, and more! During Celebrate America, veterans, active duty, and retired service members get in FREE. Enjoy the pleasures of Kennywood and celebrate America, all in one! For more information, visit https://www.kennywood.com/plan-a-visit/events.
Not only are fireworks and events a huge part of the 4th of July, but so are recipes and traditions! Common foods associated with this holiday are hot dogs, watermelon, hamburgers, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and apple pie. We’ve also listed some amazing recipes to help get your 4th of July started!
*all these recipes are alcohol-free; however, alcohol may be added by those who are 21+
ENTREES & SIDES
- Grilled Chicago Dogs
- Pull-Apart Cheeseburger Sliders
- BBQ Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Classic Creamy Coleslaw
- Grilled Corn
- Honey-Glazed Baby Back Ribs w/ Whiskey Marinade
- Banana Split Kababs
- Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
- Red Velvet 4th of July Cupcakes
- Patriotic Marble Cupcakes
- All-American Apple Pie
We’d love to know your 4th of July day plans! Connect with us @farosresidential on Instagram, or Facebook us https://www.facebook.com/CityViewPgh/, https://www.facebook.com/ParkViewPgh/, or https://www.facebook.com/CarsonStreetApts/.
- How to Enjoy the Holidays
- Unique Gift Ideas
- Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- How to Decorate Small for the Holidays
- Homemade Mulled Wine and Cider
- Holiday Apartment Décor
- Winter Recipes to Warm Your Soul
- 5 Recipes to Reinvent Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Your Stress-Free Thanksgiving